Fantasy Football Awards for Week Nine

Fantasy Football Awards for Week Nine: A Fan’s Take. t is about time that I benefited from one of the hottest performances of the fantasy football week. I haven't had a bad season thus far, but up to this point I have missed out on some of those headline performances that everyone talks about on Monday. The ironic thing is that I almost didn't put one of them into the lineup. With that in mind, here are the fantasy football awards for week nine.

The "Barely Good Enough" Award:

When you think of fantasy disappointments in 2011, you usually start with Chris Johnson of the Tennessee Titans. After signing the monster contract, Johnson has been nothing but below-average all season. On November 6, Chris ran for 64 yards and caught another 46 out of the backfield. That isn't dreadful, but it certainly isn't worthy of all the money he is being paid. This guy has been killing my fantasy team all season long, but I hate to sit him.

The "Did You See That?" Award:

The much-hyped Julio Jones(notes) of the Atlanta Falcons has certainly had a solid rookie campaign, but on November 6th he exploded for 33 yards rushing, 131 yards through the air, and two touchdowns. That was a coming-out party if I ever saw one. It helped that he was going against the dreadful Indianapolis Colts, as sometimes fantasy sports is less about the player and more about the matchup. Of course, Julio was a "probable" so I almost didn't put him in the lineup.

The "Incorrect Substitution" Award:

Philip Rivers(notes) of the San Diego Chargers has had a generally subpar season this year based on what he has done in the past, and in one of my leagues that has fewer teams I decided to sit him down. Instead, I started Matt Ryan(notes) of the Atlanta Falcons, who was facing the lowly Indianapolis Colts. Rivers did throw three picks, but he also threw for 385 yard and four touchdowns. Ryan certainly had a good game, but for my purposes Philip picked a bad time to get hot.

via: yahoo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive